Sunday 15 April 2012

New Job


It is always a challenge to “follow” someone. At Chikankata I followed in the footstep of many giants of the faith. In R&D I followed my good friend Mr Mitch Menagh as Director. As Project Officer, I am following the highly effective Marshall Currie. It always appears so daunting and so that is how I feel right now. However, I am reminded of the story of Joshua, who probably had the hardest “follow” in the world, when he took over where Moses left off. He was given this promise, reassurance and direction;

“As I was Moses, so I will be with you.  I will not fail or abandon you”

I am also reminded that all the great achievers in the Bible had one thing in common; they were just ordinary folk who took risks in obedience to God and believed in him. Generally the results were quite exceptional. In many cases, his strength was showcased through the weakness of others and I really hope that happens here

.

No comments:

Post a Comment